[FFmpeg-user] Specifying lib path when building ffmpeg

Matteo Naccari Matteo.Naccari at bbc.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 18:42:20 EET 2016

Hi Sven,

> Did you put the path to your boost libraries in there, too? Alternatively can
> you also try to set the LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
> LD_RUN_PATH variables.
I've tried also this option but still it doesn't work. In particular the problem is that on my system I have libboost1.55 while libturing links boost1.61. It's seems that the configure script is picking up the extra-ldoption correctly so there should something wrong on my system.

> However, because libturing isn't officially supported by the FFmpeg project
> since it's a fork by the BBC Turing project will you have to ask them how their
> code works. You may even ask them to send in patches to the FFmpeg
> project to make it official, but until then is it not supported.
I'm one the developer of the Turing codec, so we are trying to extensively test the codec using ffmpeg before submitting a patch. Hopefully this should happen shortly.

BR
Matteo