[FFmpeg-user] Feature/Request: Add basic support for Dolby Atmos encoding with Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Wed Nov 2 02:39:58 EET 2016

> How would you
> tell ffmpeg (the cli) about what you want to have written into> the Atmos part of the stream?

Some sort of externally-supplied file defining timings and positionings for the various audio objects in the stream, I would think. The ideal format for this would depend on the sort of DAW software that was used to create the Atmos mix, as would the decision as to how the audio data itself was supplied.