[FFmpeg-user] Using ffmpeg to blur moving objects

Cley Faye cleyfaye at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 09:40:39 EET 2016

> Yes, I already have the moving objects' coordinates (x, y values, the box's
> width and height, as well as the duration of the blur). I only need to use
> ffmpeg to blur that object in the video according to the provided
> coordinates. I have a working solution, but it becomes very slow the more
> blurred overlays I have.

​I am not sure I'm getting the whole picture of what you're doing, but if
you have a lot of blurring to do on each frames, maybe a script that output
each video frames into another tool doing the blur, which in turns output
into a second ffmpeg process for transcoding could avoid you a cascade of
overlays.