[FFmpeg-user] RTSP Stream to http

bobnatale bobnatale at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:29:00 CEST 2016

Hello All,

FFMPEG noob here (feel free to roll eyes) and I could use some help.   Here
is what I am trying to do:   I would like to take the RTSP stream from 1 or
2 of my IP cameras and use ffmpeg to re stream it in mjpeg format.  I use a
web app for my home automation controller and would like to have the feed
from the front door camera show up in the interface.  Unfortunately the app
will only display a http/mjpeg stream.   Here is what I came up with but its
not working yet.

ffmpeg -i "rtsp://un:pw@192.168.1.55:554/Streaming/channels/301"
http://localhost:8090/feed.ffm

Here is my config file (but I dont think it uses it with that command
above).  I also tried putting some commands in the config as well and
launching it that way.

Port 8090
BindAddress 192.168.1.67
MaxHTTPConnections 2000
MaxClients 1000
MaxBandwidth 1000
CustomLog -
NoDaemon

When I launch, I get this:

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 180000.00
(180000/1) -> 1000.00 (1000/1)
Input #0, rtsp, from 'rtsp://un:pw@192.168.1.55:554/Streaming/channels/301':
  Metadata:
    title           : Media Server V3.1.1
    comment         : Media Server Session Description : standard
  Duration: N/A, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0: Video: h264 (Main), yuv420p, 1920x1080, 1k tbr, 90k tbn,
180k tbc
Unable to find a suitable output format for
'http://localhost:1025/feed.ffmffmpeg'

I think I might need to add a codec or something like that but Im not sure.
If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much
appreciated.

Thanks!
Bob