[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG | Error converting video to a thumbnail

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon May 30 23:53:25 CEST 2016

C0nw0nk <c0nw0nks <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> ffmpeg.exe -y -analyzeduration 2147483647 -probesize 2147483647
> -itsoffset -768 -i file.mp4 -vcodec mjpeg -vframes 1 -an
> -f rawvideo -s 178x100 fileimage.jpg

First the general questions:
Why are you using -analyzeduration and -probesize?
They are often needed for program streams, transport streams
or flv files, they should not be needed for mp4.
Why are you using "-an -f rawvideo -vcodec mjpeg"? The file
extension ".jpg" is supposed to set all three for you.

More specifically for your issue:
Whatever you are trying to achieve with -itsoffset, I don't
believe that it is supposed to work in your command line.
Try either the input option -ss or the output option -ss
(you generally want the input option).

> ffmpeg version 2.5.3 Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg developers

Note that only current FFmpeg git head is supported on this
mailing list.