[FFmpeg-user] -vf Colorspace filter - 'Unknown input primaries 2' error

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Fri May 13 16:09:18 CEST 2016

Hi Chris!

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Christoph Gerstbauer
<christophgerstbauer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again, Kieran,
>
> sorry I meaned : "are the DPX logarithmic XYZ or linear XYZ? "
>
> Didnt mean RGB.
>
> Best Regards
> Chris

These are not DPX at all, they are born digital Digital Cinema
Packages. On a side note, I compared the EASYDCP XYZ->Rec709 (non
legal range) transformation to the ffmpeg output and they're pretty
much identical in terms of colour and contrast. We're lucky in that we
have a three screen cinema in our archive, so I should do a test some
day comparing the same DCP on our monitors versus the cinema screen.

I'd still like to know the correct command for the colourspace filter,
because I'm getting the same errors for yuv420p sources.