[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG run out of memory

Cley Faye cleyfaye at gmail.com
Mon May 9 00:17:21 CEST 2016

> My output is .mp4 and I am using like 50-100 images to create it. Image
> resolutions are very big and I do a lot of complex filtering. I have some
> cases that my cmd run out of memory and the ffmpeg process is killed.
> One more thing,  I have the next warning:
> [png_pipe @ 0x1f9c480] Stream #0: not enough frames to estimate rate;
> consider increasing probesize
>
> But if I add some big analyze and probesize values like: ( saw in an
> example over the internet )
> -analyzeduration 6000M -probesize 6000M
> The process is killed even faster.

​I'm curious, ​it seem that you're piping the images into the ffmpeg
process, so I'm tempted to say you need to specify the framerate in the
command line. However, on a recent ffmpeg version it simply defaults to 25.
​Obviously setting such high probesize is probably never useful anyway...​

> Can somebody give me some tips about why is this happening ?
> I know that I haven't given you to many details, please hit me back for
> more details, thank you!

​​
​To begin with, the full command and output log would be useful. Preferably
a minimal working example if you have a really complex filter. The problem
might be on the way you provide the source images to ffmpeg (just a hunch).​