[FFmpeg-user] low resource ffserver (not using ffmpeg as the input stream)

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Mar 29 14:55:35 CEST 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 23:25:59 +1100, Matt Flax wrote:
> running ffmpeg (because of linking requirements) is not possible.

What are those linking requirements? You can build an ffmpeg with very
few dependencies if it shall e.g. only support ALSA devices and PCM
encoding. (Apart from that, many codecs have no external dependencies
either.)

> Does anyone know of any other really simple approaches to live streaming
> ALSA input through ffserver ?

The way I build ffserver, it seems to have the same dependencies as
ffmpeg, but that may not be necessary.

Moritz