[FFmpeg-user] ffserver only returns 404 not found.

Jimmy Asher jasher at safarimontage.com
Mon Mar 28 14:54:18 CEST 2016

On 3/27/16, 11:41 AM, "ffmpeg-user on behalf of dE" <ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org on behalf of de.techno at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>     I'm trying to setup a rtsp server by streaming a file. ffserver.conf --
>
>RTSPPort 8554
>RTSPBindAddress 0.0.0.0
>CustomLog -
>
><Stream test1>
>     File /home/de/large/media/test_media/VTS_01_7_mpeg_dvd.VOB
>#    Format mpeg
>#    VideoBitRate 5000
>#    VideoFrameRate 25
>#    VideoSize 1920x1080
>     NoAudio
>#    Format rtsp
>     ACL ALLOW 0.0.0.0
>     ACL ALLOW localhost
>     ACL ALLOW 127.0.0.1
></Stream>

I”m pretty sure you need to always specify the format (rtp) and the feed name needs to match an existing feed section

"Format Set the format of the output stream. Must be the name of a format recognized by FFmpeg. If set to ‘status’, it is treated as a status stream."

See https://ffmpeg.org/ffserver.html for FFSERVER documentation

See https://ffmpeg.org/sample.html for RTSP examples.