[FFmpeg-user] Dynamically linking to OpenJPEG 2 library

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 28 13:32:54 CEST 2016

Aaron Boxer <boxerab <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am having trouble compiling FFmpeg with OpenJPEG 2 built
> as a shared library.

I downloaded the current openjpeg release:
https://github.com/uclouvain/openjpeg/archive/version.2.1.tar.gz

I built and installed it with default options, a shared
library that does not link to dl(open) was installed.

I ran configure with --enable-libopenjpeg, it succeeded
out-of-the-box. make did not show any errors, the
resulting FFmpeg binaries link against libopenjpeg.

> (Compiling with statically built OpenJPEG 2 works fine)
>
> Here is the output of make:
>
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(libopenjpegdec.o): In function
> `libopenjpeg_decode_frame':
> /home/aaron/src/FFmpeg/libavcodec/libopenjpegdec.c:378:
> undefined reference to `opj_create_decompress'

Running nm on the installed library shows
opj_create_compress  here.