[FFmpeg-user] linking with codec that needs libdl

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 23:46:07 CEST 2016

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:
>
> > post your complete config.log
>
> While this is requested and ok, I slightly
> prefer to only read the tail...

So, my configure command is:

 ./configure --enable-libopenjpeg
--extra_cflags="-DHAVE_OPEN_OPENJPEG_2_1_OPENJPEG_H"
--extra-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lib -ldl"

The last 300 lines of my config.log file is attached.

Console output doesn't have any useful info, other than the fact that
libopenjpeg failed.

In the config.log file, you will see near the end:

gcc -L/usr/local/lib -ldl -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,noexecstack -DOPJ_STATIC
-o /tmp/ffconf.dmz9AkoL /tmp/ffconf.UopZOMks.o -lopenjp2 -lm -llzma -lz
-pthread
/usr/local/lib/libopenjp2.so: undefined reference to `dlopen'
/usr/local/lib/libopenjp2.so: undefined reference to `dlclose'
/usr/local/lib/libopenjp2.so: undefined reference to `dlsym'

So, I think the problem is that -ldl should appear *after* the object file,
along with -lopenjp2,not before the object file.