[FFmpeg-user] --extra-ldflags not working

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Mar 27 22:14:34 CEST 2016

Aaron Boxer <boxerab <at> gmail.com> writes:

> So, next question - is there a way of forcing the
> library check to choose the static library over the
> shared one?

Yes, but this has nothing to do with FFmpeg:
--extra-ldflags=-static
But this will likely only lead to trouble. Your issue
was that you had a broken library installation and
if I understand correctly, you fixed this.

It seems that you meanwhile found another issue:
Please remember not to post usage (including
configure) questions on the development mailing
list, they are not welcome there.