[FFmpeg-user] Building FFmpeg with OpenJPEG 2.0

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Mar 24 09:19:16 CET 2016

Emre Besirik:
> Because you can read it without scrolling, first thing you see is my response,

I will intervene once in this thread because this is a good occasion: I do
not want to see your response first thing. You are not alone in the world.
You came here for help and only follow one discussion, this is fine for you,
you probably delete all mails that are not about your own issue and never
even consider contributing back.

The people who provide help, on the other hand, read most of the mails, and
follow dozens of discussions at once. They need context, they need the right
amount of context: too much and they wast their time reading it, too little
and they waste their time digging archived mails. Common courtesy requires
that the one sending the mail makes the effort of making the mail readable
optimally. When they are seeking help, this is not only common courtesy,
this is completely obvious.

As for me, people like you get one chance: I notify them once that they are
not supposed to top-post, and if they ignore it or spit on it, I just ignore
their mails to spend my time on more valuable issues.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George