[FFmpeg-user] PGS Subtitles stream copy problem

Z 34 zheer34 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:48:38 CET 2016

> > I’m trying to copy a PGS stream from an MKV to .TS
> > (simple copy / no transcode)
>
> This is not possible yet, HDMV streams can't be written
> <http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user>

Thank you - a couple of follow ups on this please :

1) is there an active project to write HDMV streams ? latest relevant
thread from late 2014 / early 2015
https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2014-September/162532.html
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/191788/focus=192232

2) I've tried instead to convert PGS to dvdsubs - that appears to work fine
with .mkv, but with .ts, while the process completes successfully, the sub
streams aren't detected by mediainfo / ffprobe returns an unknown codec id
message. is it expected ?

Many thanks

Pierre