[FFmpeg-user] Synchronize videos

Thomas Seilund tps at netmaster.dk
Mon Mar 14 18:23:45 CET 2016

Hi,

I have a number of devices. Each with a camera attached. Video from each
camera is captured to a file. Audio is only captured from one of the
cameras. Capture is done using ffmpeg.

Once I am done capturing data from the cameras I process the files,
again using ffmpeg. I create a single video where video from each camera
is shown at the same time.

My question is how can I make sure that the videos are synced correctly.
I am not able to start capturing at the same time, so I can not be sure
that the videos from each camera cover exactly the same period.

Any hints would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Thomas S