[FFmpeg-user] Convert gif to mp4 using ffmpeg

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Mar 10 11:27:13 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 17:01:31 +0700, aris wrote:
> Thanks for advice, I've tried running the following command, but I get an
> error as follows:
>
> ./ffmpeg -framerate 25 -pattern_type glob -i
> /root/video-source/gif/yeay.gif /root/video-source/gif/outgif/outyeay.mp4

(That version is a bit old.)

You only have a single animated gif? Ah, you didn't say so. You always
have to be very specific on what you have and what you are trying to
achieve. Multimedia processing is a wide and complex field, and there
are so many things you could be meaning.

To convert an animated git, it's probably sufficient to do
$ ffmpeg -i yeay.gif outyeay.mp4

You do need to read some introductions on ffmpeg. :-)

(And you need to stop working as root.)

Cheers,
Moritz