[FFmpeg-user] documentation in spanish

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Mar 6 19:28:40 CET 2016

On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 17:33:22 +0100, juan carlos Rebate wrote:
> is not wrong, if you look at the section vera protocols;
>
> ffmpeg -i somefile.ogg -c copy -listen 1 -f ogg http://server:port
> this is to send a local file via http,therefore I would say to convey
> the same way
>
> ffmpeg -i rtp://239.0.0.5:8208 -c copy -listen 1 -f mp4 http://localhost:80

Juan Carlos, this is a big misunderstanding, on several sides. Indeed,
the example says that, and it doesn't say anything about caveats and
restrictions. Yet it is an example regarding HTTP serving, not on the
complete chain of actions. (It's an *example*, so I don't even think it
should.)

The bigger misunderstanding is your deduction that your command line
should work. Just as running ffmpeg is complicated and complex, so is
the whole topic of multimedia conversion. If you want something to take
the complexity and the problems away from you, you will need some sort
of front-end which tries its best at that. ffmpeg on the other hand
allows you to access almost any detail of the conversion process, and
will error out in various scenarios, and most often give good error
messages. In your case, it gave a good error message, and it means:

Whatever your input (from rtp:// is), it cannot by muxed into the "mp4"
format.

If you show us the command line and the complete, uncut console output,
we can try to help in making your command work, or explain why it can't
work. (And not in Spanish, sorry.)

> States, the other countries were allowed to dupe the smokescreen of
> the United States

Sorry about the lack of Spanish documentation. It is hard enough to
find people to improve the English documentation. Please do understand
that none of this is done professionally, i.e. as a job with a regular
pay. Instead almost all of it is volunteer work by extremely committed
people. If you can help out or if you know someone who could, you and
they are very welcome!

Constructive feedback is of course also welcome.

By the way, the documentation you are looking at is very much of a
reference, not necessarily an introduction. There are other better
sources of introduction, like the initial chapters of the docs, or the
ffmpeg wiki.

Moritz