[FFmpeg-user] Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?):

juan carlos Rebate nerus492 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 02:23:04 CEST 2016

> On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 4:00 PM, juan carlos Rebate <nerus492 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > according to the standard, html5 the mp4 format is ideal for this
> purpose,
> > many companies that previously used flash html5 technology now used in
> mp4
> > format, so again I say that is because ffmpeg
> >

> You need to understand that live streaming video, and pre-encoded
> play-on-demand video are very different things. mp4 is indeed great for
> html5, but it is not streamed live. You can use mp4 for live streaming IF
> THE VIDEO IS IN CHUNKED FORMAT. This means the video is chopped up into
> small little mp4 files that are maybe a few seconds long each. You can't
> just load this into an html5 video tag, you have to use the javascript
> Media Source Extensions API in order to manage downloading and chaining all
> these little mp4 chunks together into a continuous video feed. You can't
> stream mp4 format in the same sense as RTP, MPEG-TS, or RTMP. MP4 files
> require an "moov atom" that gives info about the file, including how long
> it is. Well, you have no way to know how long it is till the video is
> finished encoding, so you can't use it live. This is also why "web
> optimized" mp4 files move the "moov atom" to the front of the file, so that
> it is the first atom that is read when downloading an on-demand-video, so
> that it can start decoding before the file is finished downloading.
> Otherwise if has to download the whole thing before it can play it because
> by default the moov atom is placed at the end of the file. Hopefully you
> understand why the moov atom creates an problem with live video that is not
> done encoding. The chunked videos get around this by the short little mp4
> videos being self-contained with each including it's moov atom.
>
> This is the second time I've told you about Media Source Extensions.
> Seriously, do some reading.
>
> https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2016/04/html5-media-source-extensions-bringing-production-video-web/
>
> -Reuben

if I try to split the file I get an error telling me that the segment is
invalid, the RTP protocol also produces the error that I can not write the
header
ffmpeg -i rtp://239.0.0.107:8208 -f rtp rtp://192.168.1.41:8208 >100011.sdp

due to problems with ffmpeg and not to disturb longer users of the list,
try using ffserver for transmission via flash With A Player created by
me, check
the wiki and I found this setting and with these error messages

<Stream live.flv>
    Format flv
    Feed feed1.ffm

    VideoCodec libx264
    VideoFrameRate 30
    VideoBitRate 512
    VideoSize 320x240
    AVOptionVideo crf 23
    AVOptionVideo preset medium
    # for more info on crf/preset options, type: x264 --help
    AVOptionVideo flags +global_header

    AudioCodec aac
    Strict -2
    AudioBitRate 128
    AudioChannels 2
    AudioSampleRate 44100
    AVOptionAudio flags +global_header
</Stream>

/etc/ffserver.conf:17: Invalid codec name: 'libx264'
/etc/ffserver.conf:21: Option not found: 'crf'
/etc/ffserver.conf:21: If 'crf' is a codec privateoption, then prefix it
with codec name, for example 'flv1:crf 23' or define codec earlier.
/etc/ffserver.conf:22: Option not found: 'preset'
it is assumed that the wiki should not have errors, for this reason I have so
many problems, because everything I find on the net is wrong
They forgive me for bothering but I have no place to go