[FFmpeg-user] Choppy Video/Audio

Spencer Gardner spencergardner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 03:34:54 CEST 2016

I recently purchased a Region 2 DVD and am trying to extract audio/video.
My drive was set for Region 1 but I have changed it to Region 2. When I try
to play in VLC it is choppy. Handbrake fails to convert. The choppiness
also occurs when I try to convert using ffmpeg. It gives a lot of errors
about invalid data (see attachment). I don't really know enough to even
know where to begin investigating what might be wrong but I assume ffmpeg
gives me the best chance of fixing the problem. Can anyone offer some
suggestions for things I should try to get to the bottom of this? I'm on
Ubuntu 16.04.

Output of regionset:
regionset version 0.1 -- reads/sets region code on DVD drives
Current Region Code settings:
RPC Phase: II
type: SET
vendor resets available: 4
user controlled changes resets available: 3
drive plays discs from region(s): 2, mask=0xFD