[FFmpeg-user] Meaning of key/values in output of progress option

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jul 23 14:41:26 EEST 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 20:48:20 +0200, Peter White wrote:

(Good, concise answer.)

> Am 21.07.2016 um 18:00 schrieb Konrad Reiche:

>  > I am specifically interested about speed and progress/time.
>
> Newer versions have a "speed" key now. Or you need to know the FPS of
> your input, then it is fps/FPS. Progress as in % done is not provided
> but you can get that by dividing out_time_ms by total time of the
> input.

This code doesn't calculate progress, because it doesn't have direct or
indirect knowledge of how long the video will be. This would require
understanding filters which alter the timeline or speed (fps),
understanding "-r" input and output options, and timeline options such
as "-ss" and "-t". Too complicated here. ;-)

Moritz