[FFmpeg-user] Trying to transcode raw video file from VLC

no6b at no6b.com no6b at no6b.com
Tue Jan 19 06:51:50 CET 2016

At 1/18/2016 03:13 PM, you wrote:
> <no6b <at> no6b.com> writes: > No problem, I figure: I'll just save the video in raw format Does vlc play the file?

Yes it does.  But all that tells me is that the file isn't corrupt.

As far as whether it's in an AVI container or not, I suspect not because I had to use the option to direct stream the data to file without any transcoding, so I doubt it's even creating a container.  But I'll have to check that later.  In the meantime it's probably time to investigate using those parameter switches -video_size, -framerate etc. - thanks for that tip, Moritz.

> Please upload a short sample.

Because the uncompressed format is so big that might be difficult: even the "short" sample is ~1 GB.  Where should I upload it?

Bob