[FFmpeg-user] Configure error with Android NDK clang compiler

Marco Pracucci marco.pracucci at spreaker.com
Sat Jan 16 07:02:15 CET 2016

Carl Eugen,
thanks for your reply.

> I decided to install gas-preprocessor and this issue disappeared.

For the sake of knowledge, I can't understand why I do need a
gas-preprocessor to run the configure. If I create a file containing the
same exact AS code run through "check_as" and run the same exact command to
compile it (I took both from --logfile content), it actually works.

Since there's some discrepancy between the command run by the configure
script and the same exact command run manually on my terminal, I'm
wondering how it could happen and if it's actually an issue related to the
configure script.

> Note that since compilation does not succeed for all files, I
> suggest you use gcc for the time being.

I manually patched the configure script to bypass "check_as" and I also
realized the compilation fails. That's the next thing I will deeply look
into.

Thank you,
Marco