[FFmpeg-user] Error: [AVFilterGraph @ 0xabe1cc0] No such filter: 'ass'

jun jun.saturay at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 23:37:38 CET 2016

Dear Lou-2
Thanks  for the advice. I uninstalled ffmpeg and then reinstalled ffmpeg
following the instructions on
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu  so that i can "configure
FFmpeg   with --enable-libass."  as you advised.  Unfortunately, I still
get the same message.

[AVFilterGraph @ 0xa454640] No such filter: 'ass'
Error opening filters!

I can't figure out what changed during my reinstall of ubuntustudio and
ffmpeg that caused this problem.