[FFmpeg-user] gracefully restart an ffmpeg stream?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jan 10 22:58:19 CET 2016

Am 10.01.2016 um 22:37 schrieb jd1008:

> On 01/10/2016 02:31 PM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 14:26:56 -0700, jd1008 wrote:
>>> Hey Mr. Chovy,
>>> I (and perhaps others) are NOT receiving your posts.
>> I see them, and so does the list:
>> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2016-January/thread.html
>>
>> Perhaps YOU should check your filters, especially SPAM filters. ;-)
>>
> Strange! I have no spam filter for any list member

not the problem

what i have zero understanding for is that two people within a few
seconds writing the exactly same message with identical quoting two
different names

Betreff: Re: [FFmpeg-user] gracefully restart an ffmpeg stream?
Datum: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:11:00 -0500
Von: chovy <chovy at protonmail.com>

please first document yourself and understand how this whole process
works, who plays what role, and so on.
then you'll find the role of EXT-X-ENDLIST and maybe figure out a
solution to not feed it to the client at all and gracefully continue the
ongoing playlist after restart. a playlist preprocessor could help.
and then please understand why this is not an ffmpeg issue and shouldn't
be its responsibility to have flags to create intermediary incomplete
outputs. and this is for the simple fact the ffmpeg *is not* a streaming
server. look to other solutions for that