[FFmpeg-user] jpeg2000?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jan 8 10:07:15 CET 2016

G Alexander <glen_alexndr <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> usually you have enable openjpeg, you need to
> disable jpeg2000, the wiki is full of open/closed, etc

The native jpeg2000 decoder was always faster than
the libopenjpeg decoder. The native decoder is now
bitexact and works fine for many samples, it decodes
less files than libopenjpeg though.
Samma decoding does not work with either of them.

The native encoder (is faster than libopenjpeg) and
produces valid (and on request lossless) files but
they are slightly bigger than libopenjpeg's output.

Disclaimer: The above is true for libopenjpeg 1.5,
libopenjpeg 2 is supported now, I don't know how
many files were fixed or how fast the newer version
is.