[FFmpeg-user] Need help; willing to pay

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Jan 5 22:07:16 CET 2016

On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 14:51:46 -0600, Matthew Adams wrote:
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/31civbxpe1utote/2016-01-02%2C%20Tour%20Warm%20Up.zip?dl=0

Ah, those are indeed different. They are true VFR.

> Don't forget that these videos were created by Coach's Eye
> <https://www.coachseye.com/> for iOS.  I don't know anything about their
> internals WRT recording videos.

Oh yeah, I forget that you had mentioned that. Well, their YouTube
explanation videos don't mention the funny effect you have been seeing.

The problem with the videos you provided is that they are well over 200
fps, and my laptop doesn't play them well. ffplay repeatedly stalls for
a few seconds, mplayer plays almost okay if I enable "hard skipping" of
frames. ;-) But generally, they are totally sane.

Anyway, it should be possible to convert those to something sane. As
Carl Eugen mentions: What's your goal?

(My simplest approach, guessing your goal as previously written:
 $ ffmpeg -i Jan22016-150PM-b6cs7K.mov -c:v libx264 -c:a copy -r 30 Jan22016-150PM-b6cs7K.r30.mov
)

Moritz