[FFmpeg-user] Remux TS to MPG: spedify stream order

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Feb 26 12:16:35 CET 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 11:03:30 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > It appears that many tools are confused if the
> > first VOBU contains only audio:
> This makes no sense:
> The OP claims that audio is not detected because of
> stream order (this is not correct, just read his
> console output), are you arguing that audio is only
> detected if it is not part of the first VOBU?

I'm not argueing. I'm quoting an ffmpeg trac ticket where someone
discovered that dvdauthor appears to suffer from this, and it had been
linked to the same observation of "apparent" stream order. I am
postulating a guess that this may be why the OP's tools have this
issue. I neither tried nor investigated AviDemux and MkvMerge, although
we could dive into their code if we wanted to. (I don't. ;-))

> You simply cannot know the total number of streams
> when you start reading the file / transmission.

Yes, I know that it can change at any time. I wonder if those tools do
know. They might have a totally different issue, related or not related
to what ffmpeg is creating.

Moritz