[FFmpeg-user] Howto compile ffplay.c in seperate directory with my own svn-version of ffmpeg

RichR rhrarey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 00:35:19 CET 2016

I realize I'm late to the thread, but I had good success by using "make" to
tell me what it would do if the file ffplay.c had changed:
make --dry-run -W ffplay.c

The -W switch pretends ffplay.c has changed and --dry-run prints out the
resulting MAKE commands, which are unique to your ./configuration settings
and platform.

My output looked like the following:
printf "CC\t%s\n" ffplay.o; (followed by an over 900 character string
commanding the compile)
printf "LD\t%s\n" ffplay_g; (followed by almost 800 character string
commanding the library use)
printf "CP\t%s\n" ffplay; cp -p ffplay_g ffplay
printf "STRIP\t%s\n" ffplay; strip ffplay