[FFmpeg-user] (no subject) (It should have been: Re: Has the syntax changed for audio remapping in ffmpeg 3.0?)

satelliteviewer at gmx.ca satelliteviewer at gmx.ca
Tue Feb 16 20:26:30 CET 2016

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:16 PM, "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> why do you destroy a list-thread by compose a new message witout a
> subject instead reply to the previous post?

Sorry!!! Next time maybe I should not bother trying to thank someone for helping me!

It was an accident.  I have to go through such a convoluted process to post a plain text message from here that I simply overlooked the fact that the message had no subject.  I saw it when I got it back and was about to compose a follow-up when I got your little nastygram.

Lighten up.  People make mistakes.  And if your stupid mailing list would accept enhanced text messages like just about every other modern mailing list, people would not need to jump through hoops to post here and maybe wouldn't make mistakes like that.  It 1s 2016, not 1980, and it's been many years since email programs stopped sending plain text as the default.

I very much appreciate the help I received, but I don't appreciate the tone of your post.  I am not trying to "destroy" your ancient list software.  If it's that fragile, maybe it's time to retire it!