[FFmpeg-user] Which command line can do dvb_teletext from ts to mp4

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Feb 16 01:16:16 CET 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 01:01:05 +0100, Henk D. Schoneveld wrote:
> Where could I have found all this info about "-fix_sub_duration-txt_format text -txt_page 888” and this before “-i source"
> Thanks a lot.

Is that a rhetorical question? ;-) If not:

If you look at this doc page (or some other related google hit):
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html
and search for teletext, the first thing you will find is the
desciption of the libzvbi-teletext decoder.
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#libzvbi_002dteletext

It doesn't say right there, but somewhere where ffmpeg's options system
is described, that decoder options are *input* options and belong
before the corresponding input.

The "-fix_sub_duration" is Carl Eugen's special discovery for you. ;-)
He understood the (apparently common) symptom you were describing.

> Now only have to load the mkv in subler and save as mp4 afterwards.
> So still 2 steps, hoping for the mov_text version to make it perfect.

I didn't quite follow in the thread - what is this extra step good for,
and why cannot not be done by ffmpeg in the first place?

Moritz