[FFmpeg-user] Which command line can do dvb_teletext from ts to mp4

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Feb 14 23:53:10 CET 2016

Henk D. Schoneveld <belcampo <at> zonnet.nl> writes:

> To extract dvb_teletext I’m currently using:
> telxcc -i base.ts -o base.srt -t 5114 -p 888
> ;This is for Arte from satellite

But you provided a different stream, didn't you?
How does the telxcc command line looks for the
provided stream?
telxcc -i test.ts -o test.srt -t 43 -p 888 ?

>  -t TID      transport stream PID of teletext data sub-stream
>              if the value of 8192 is specified, the first
> suitable stream will be used

Does it also work if you specify 8192?

I ask because I wonder how the teletext stream
can be detected for the sample you uploaded:
The stream type is "0" which makes it difficult
to detect it and I wonder if tvheadend does
something "smart" - do you have another possibility
to record? cat /dev/.../dvr or mplayer -dumpstream?

Thank you for the sample, Carl Eugen