[FFmpeg-user] teletext.dat

william Gunnells gunnells at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 23:04:53 CET 2016

Hey Carl Eugen

Correct ccextractor can extract subtitles from original ts just like
ffmpeg. However ccextractor creates a ascii text file that you can read.
ffmpeg seems to create a dat file. I'm have a hard time decoding the dat
file. Not sure what format its in. hex, base64 qp. I thought perhaps the
command that I was using was extracting both dvb_teletext and dvb_subtitle
and populating the teletext.dat file with both content making it corrupted.
I was looking into the map command option. But that seems confusing also.

In the previous command ffmpeg is able to identify both:

Stream #0:1[0x101](eng): Subtitle: dvb_teletext ([6][0][0][0] / 0x0006)
Stream #0:2[0x102](eng): Subtitle: dvb_subtitle ([6][0][0][0] / 0x0006)