[FFmpeg-user] Using latest NDK and ffmpeg version results in very slow video processing on android

Srikanth Kommineni srikanth0569 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 07:49:24 CET 2016

Thank you martin and carl for the help.
It turned out the problem was not with the FFmpeg library but actually the
libx264 lib I was using.

Just for future reference, if someone is looking for the answer.
The problem was the following in the output

 [libx264 @ 0xb965d5e0] using cpu capabilities: none!

I solved this by enabling yasm while compiling libX264 and disabled
runtimedetect while compiling ffmpeg.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Reuben Martin <reuben.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 03, 2016 11:08:40 AM Srikanth Kommineni wrote:
> > That's a great suggestion martin, is there a easy I can determine the
> > number of cores being used ?
> >

> top or htop will show how many threads of execution a process has.
>
> top -H -p <pid>
>
> Encoding is a CPU bound process, so it’s going to max out whatever cores
> it’s
> using. Simply looking to see how many cores are maxed out will also give
> you a
> general idea of the process load.
>
> If none of the cores are maxed out, the problem is elsewhere.
>
> -Reuben

Srikanth Kommineni