[FFmpeg-user] top posting issue

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 13:00:49 CET 2016

On 2016-02-04 12:44, Roman wrote:
>> OMFG!  Let me log into the web interface and show you how it is done.
>
> So you just offer me to insert ">" symbol before every line I quote or just
> copy the whole e-mail I'm answering to?

No.  I expect you to use the "features" of the "client" you use.

In the proper HTML interface the quick reply box (as shown in 1.png)
will top post.  As you discovered you can use a greater than sign to
quote any random text.

If you click the "More Reply Options" button you will get what looks
like a proper mail interface (as shown in 2.png).

Moving on to the rubbish javascript interface you will also get a quick
reply box (3.png).

Clicking on the ellipsis in the box (those three dots in a grey
rectangle) with the tooltip "Show trimmed content" you will suddenly see
everything you are quoting.  You can then cut it up from there.