[FFmpeg-user] top posting issue

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 4 12:11:02 CET 2016

Am 04.02.2016 um 11:59 schrieb Roman:
> When you read reviews (academical, amateur, professional), there are no
> quotes and below-postings. Review author just mentions what exactly hes
> referring to and continues his review. And same goes to review on review.
> Please see academical reviews as an example. Yes, I've wrote 2 diplomas and
> lots of reviews, so I really know, what I'm saying :).

a review *is not* a living communication with follow-up replies from
different people

> If an academical approach is wrong for top-posting haters

it's a thread and not a academical review

i don't need the full thread with many KB size in a ton of postings
because i have the other ones and in case of a complex problem at the
end of the thread only the open part remians in the quotes

it's also not a business communication where it makes sometimes sense
take the last mail containing the *whole* communication, print it out
and throw it into someones face

> then I have
> nothing to say. Will have to get used to every mailing list approach (still
> there are many lists, where people do write with top posting, as it is
> human-like approach of socializing using e-mails

well, and on most mailing-lists ignorant top-posting with a full quote
is not welcome, just because people don't handle it correct all day long
make them not right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofu