[FFmpeg-user] Need help with ffmpeg library installation on RHEL5

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Feb 2 14:38:43 CET 2016

Am 02.02.2016 um 14:24 schrieb Kachhawal, Vijay P:
> I tried installing locally after downloaded rpm package from the site which returned me with the error list I shared in the email. Then I tried installing the dependent library one by one but I reached to a stage where libraries were interdependent which I could not resolve. Just to add, I am not a regular user of Linux machines so do not have much idea how the things works. Even I tried "yum install ffmpeg" option but that also resulted in errors.
>
> Please help me with some simple steps to install this library.

no you *did not* because http://rpmfusion.org/ linked from there
explains how to enable their repo and you have no business to skip all
that instructions and scroll down to "Browse available packages"

damned install the http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration repos and type
"yum install ffmpeg" and STOP deal with local downloads in your terminal
or hire somebody who is able to grok basic instrcutions how to deal with
your operating system

the whole purpose of a linux DISTRIBUTION is to GET UPDATES for all your
software as well as dependencies automatically solved and hence repos
like rpmfusion

https://www.google.com/search?q=centos+what+is+a+repo
https://wiki.centos.org/de/AdditionalResources/Repositories/

RPMfusion Repository - (See http://rpmfusion.org/) provides "software
that the Fedora Project or Red Hat doesn't want to ship" for EL5 and 6.
Known to replace base packages. Mailing list for RPMfusion users.