[FFmpeg-user] Always merge audio all streams?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Feb 2 09:25:29 CET 2016

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 10:29:54 +0300, Francois Visagie wrote:
> > I've tried to use the amerge filter but it requires the number of audio
> > streams provided manually...

> Have you tried something like '-af aformat=channel_layouts=mono'
> (guessing, documentation does not mention mono)?

That merges channels of a stream, not streams.

BTW, see "ffmpeg -layouts" for supported channel layouts. That does
mention "mono".

> Or '-ac 1'?

Same here, this forces the merging of channels, not of streams like
"amerge" does.

That said, I don't think that what Robert desires can be done right
now with standard ffmpeg means.

Moritz