[FFmpeg-user] Duration of source video and substracted audio different

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:02:03 EET 2016

>     The duration of source video and substracted wav audio is different , why?

It seems to me downloading segments fails sometimes, ffplay will pause /
output silence, ffmpeg (without -async 1) simply cuts over the missing parts.

I don't know if there is a bug or a network issue.

>     I'm recorgnizing subtitle from audio, and I need to add subtitle back to
> video. So I want the duration of audio and video the same.
>     I run command "ffmpeg -i http://cdn.live.360.cn/huikan_news/vod-media/_XW_203286B417B7C6466B3B_20160627185953.m3u8 -vntest.wav -y?"

Consider using a script that first downloads all segments, then check
if something is missing.

>     I paste my CLI here, http://pastebin.com/iwDFv6zC

For future questions:
Do not use external resources, post console output in your mail!