[FFmpeg-user] make fate is failing ?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Dec 14 16:25:53 EET 2016

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 05:11:27 -0800, ssshukla26 wrote:
> I am referring this  link <https://ffmpeg.org/fate.html>   and getting the
> following error.
>
> *make fate-rsync SAMPLES=fate-suite/*
>
> rsync -vrltLW --timeout=60 --contimeout=60
> rsync://fate-suite.ffmpeg.org/fate-suite/ fate-suite/
> rsync: safe_read failed to read 1 bytes [Receiver]: Connection reset by peer
> (104)
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(251)
> [Receiver=3.1.0]
> make: *** [fate-rsync] Error 12
>
> Please help. I wanna submit a patch in a day or two.

Your firewall isn't allowing access from your host to the rsync port of
the fate suite server. I don't know of a different way to download all
the samples. (Somebody mentioned a workaround here:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/26419645/3974309
but forgot to share it.)

If you don't have control over this firewall (it being a corporate one
e.g.) you will have to run this rsync command from a host outside your
firewall and copy the file set over.

Alternatively, perhaps you can http-mirror this host:
http://fate-suite.ffmpeg.org/
as such:
$ wget -Sv --mirror --no-host-directories http://fate-suite.ffmpeg.org/ -P fate-suite/

This *seems* to work, but I can't guarantee, the performance may be
bad, and it may be frowned upon by the website owners. ;-)

Moritz