[FFmpeg-user] Convert commandline to program

Joshua Grauman jnfo at grauman.com
Mon Dec 12 23:23:09 EET 2016

Hello again,

One more question. Trying to squeeze every ounce of performance out I
realized that it would be somewhat faster to use the ffmpeg libs directly
rather than piping the output of my program to ffmpeg, as it would be one
less copy. I've started looking at the devel libs, but am a little
overwhelmed. How hard would it be to implement the following commandline
in c/c++? Anyone have any same code to get me started? Thanks again so
much!!!

./gen-vid | ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pixel_format bgra -video_size 1920x1080 -framerate 30 -i - -vcodec utvideo out.avi

Josh