[FFmpeg-user] Missing headers/libraries when crosscompiling ffmpeg

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Dec 11 22:25:12 EET 2016

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 21:18:34 +0100, Nikolaus Neusser wrote:
> >How did you produce the list?
>
> After running ./configure and make i checked the logfile" config.log".
> There were several entries about "no such file or directory" like the ones below.
> So i used "grep" to find all those lines and manually deleted the beginning and the end of each line.
> I am not an expert for cross-compilation. I assumed all those errors are relevant.

No no no. Don't do that. That's ffmpeg automatically checking for
certain features. E.g. different platforms require different headers,
so do various libraries. ffmpeg is checking for availability and
adjusting the build process. It doesn't necessarily matter if they're
not found! Not all of them can be found - e.g. some are
Windows-specific, some Mac-specific, and so on.

All that matters is the result of ./configure, and perhaps the first 50
and last 50 lines of configure.log to see what actually went wrong.

If you could please just strip your ./configure command line down to
only the cross-compile relevant options, and try whether that works.

And/or post the output of your complete ./configure, and those first
and last 50 lines (if it fails).

Moritz