[FFmpeg-user] .vob output versus .mpg output versus .dvd output (?)

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Mon Dec 5 16:59:09 EET 2016

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 11:34:42AM +0100, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with Mediainfo but please note
> that (among the thousands of reports I worked on) I do not remember a
> single report or user question for which Mediainfo helped in any way.
> (FFmpeg command line and console output are nearly always required,
> especially when a user thinks that the issue is "obvious" or similar.)

Wrt to being helpfull, maybe one example coming to mind:

I am seeing mediainfo telling me "Scan Type: [MBAFF/progressive/interlaced]".
I have been unable to figure out the scan type difference between MBAFF and
interlaced from the output of ffprobe or another ffmpeg tool. How would i do that ?

(If i remember correctly, ffmpeg interlaced encoded files are declared to be
 MBAFF, and files encoded with 1.2.1 mplayer are declared interlaced).

Toerless