[FFmpeg-user] custom call

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 00:03:46 EEST 2016

Hi Oscar,

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 9:00 PM,  <oscar at medinasgroup.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> The one represents those 8-9 seconds?

I am going to run this command on two different files, one of them is
10 seconds long, the other is 250 seconds long. I will post the
command, followed by the result:

ffprobe -v error -select_streams v:0 -show_entries stream=duration -of
default=noprint_wrappers=1:nokey=1 test1.mov

10.000000

ffprobe -v error -select_streams v:0 -show_entries stream=duration -of
default=noprint_wrappers=1:nokey=1 test2.mov

250.000000

You can see that running this command will return the duration of the
first video track contained within whatever filename you place at the
end:

ffprobe -v error -select_streams v:0 -show_entries stream=duration -of
default=noprint_wrappers=1:nokey=1

So as test1.mov is ten seconds long, the following value is returned:

10.000000

and test2.mov is 250 seconds long, so the following value is returned:

250.000000

-Kieran