[FFmpeg-user] custom call

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 21:21:48 EEST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 6:47 PM,  <oscar at medinasgroup.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Exactly where do I do this and don't I have to add the value of 5 minutes?

It sounds like you should add it a similar place as where you added
'file size limit = 550MB' in that third party application? It sounds
like you are being told to use ffmpeg to get some metadata that you
can feed to a third party application called cumulus? How to add the
duration info to whatever 'cumulus' is outside of the scope of this
mailing list.

You can use this page so that you can learn more about ffprobe:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/FFprobeTips

If you just want to get a value for duration, something like this should work:
ffprobe -v error -select_streams v:0 -show_entries stream=duration -of
default=noprint_wrappers=1:nokey=1 out.avi

which produced this value:

8.675333

Please do not top-post here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

-K