[FFmpeg-user] Piping output of ffmpeg into ffmbc

Keith Reilly kreilly at retroreport.com
Thu Aug 25 18:54:12 EEST 2016

Erik,
      You have solved my problem. Now i understand how IMX works and now I
don't have to rely on a pipe from ffmpeg to ffmbc in order to process
certain files. In fact i'll just use ffmpeg for everything, even what was
working with ffmbc. The quality from ffmpeg looks slightly better to me.
One last question. Is there a website dedicated to encoding media for Avid,
and other broadcast devices, with ffmpeg. I know there is the ffmpeg manual
but that is a bit overwhelming and doesn't deal with requirments Avid has.
When i last researched this not to long ago I found ffmbc and i thought
that ffmpeg could do produce media for fast import in Avid. Obviously this
was wrong. The reason I ask is because i feel at some point my boss is
going to want me to start processing archival thats HD for Avid so it would
be good to start learning. Thanks for all your help.