[FFmpeg-user] Using video from an Android - concat with intro/outtro

Steven Burns steven at looklisten.com
Mon Aug 22 23:02:00 EEST 2016

I have a project where I am receiving video uploaded from an Android phone, and processing the video with a scripted stock intro/outtro/overlays.

The issue is during the concat process the android portion of the video is not playing correctly.  Choppy, jerky, skipping frames.  Audio is perfect though.

The resolution is consistent from the android phone and stock videos (720X1280 - yes profile).

The most notable warning I’m seeing is (which repeats many times while combining the files):
[mp4 @ 0x7fe4ab814e00] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 238517, current: 125112; changing to 238518. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.

Pretty sure “something” is not a match between the stock video and Android generated video - but not positive what to look for. Curious if there is anyone here who has worked on sanitizing video formats for concat to ensure all video sources match - or if there are other obvious things I’m missing.

Digging around for possible answers, though I would post to the group though in case someone can help.

-

Steven Burns
Look Listen