[FFmpeg-user] How can I pipe frames from FFmpeg to jpegtran?

ogrgkyle phthluar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 09:22:41 EEST 2016

I need to optimize the jpegs I am getting out of ffmpeg, and so I'd like to
pipe the outputted frames to jpegtran.

I'd like to have something like the following command line, but obviously it
won't work as is.  So how can I pipe MULTIPLE video frames to jpegtran to
have them optimized?  I know this is not a jpegtran forum, but if you can
help, that would be appreciated.  Thanks!

ffmpeg.exe -i myvideo.avi -c:v mjpeg | jpegtran.exe -copy none -optimize
-progressive -outfile output.jpg input.jpg