[FFmpeg-user] How to convert music into DTS encoded WAV file?

Peter White peter.white at posteo.net
Wed Aug 17 07:56:43 EEST 2016

16.08.2016 23:25, Nomis101 🐝:
> Am 16.08.16 um 22:26 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> Thank you for the confirmation!
>> Are you sure the quality is satisfying?

  > The songs are also average 8 % longer.

Just an idea, the original sample rate of DTS is most likely 48kHz. The
target rate is 44.1kHz. These commands only have the copy codec in them:

  >> $ ffmpeg -i dts_input -acodec copy -f spdif out2.spdif
  >> $ ffmpeg -f s16le -ac 2 -ar 44100 -i out.spdif -acodec copy out.wav

I don't see where resampling could have happened, so my guess is that
you are basically playing 48kHz audio at 44.1kHz. The difference in
length sounds about right for that (48/44.1~=1.088).
Do you hear a change in pitch as well? Might be not that pronounced but
I think ~9% difference should be noticeable.

Best,
Peter