[FFmpeg-user] new error

Peter White peter.white at posteo.net
Tue Aug 9 21:32:25 EEST 2016

Hi,

Subject "new error" is a rather ambiguous title. You really should
make that more specific. How are people supposed to know what this is
about when browsing the mailing archive?

09.08.2016 19:47 juan carlos Rebate:
 > New error found, according to the documentation to indicate the mime
 > type should
 > be done this way
 > ffmpeg -i video.avi mime_type video/mp4 -listen 1 http://ip:80

I doubt that the documentation says that. Where?
Syntax is important. Options start with a -. And key/value pairs must
be connected by an = sign.

 > I want to use flash, the command ffmpeg -help muxer=swf He tells me
that the
 > mime type of flash is application/x-shockwave-flash
 > Error setting option mime_type to value application/x-shockwave-flash..
 > http://192.168.1.41:80: Invalid argument

Could you possibly tell us the exact command and error? I, for one,
don't know what is what here.

 > in a forum someone uses -metadata thus should look like
 > ffmpeg -i video.avi -metadata mime_type application/x-shockwave-flash.

What is that '.' doing there at the end? That's an error right there.
And there is an '=' missing.

$ ffmpeg -i video.avi -metadata mime_type=application/x-shockwave-flash
output.swf

 > -listen 1 http://ip:80 but error Unable to find a suitable output
 > format
 > for 'application/x-shockwave-flash'
 > application/x-shockwave-flash: Invalid argument,

That's because of your sloppy syntax ffmpeg mistakes
application/x-shockwave-flash as an output file path.

 > with this error message I understand that the approach of the
documentation is
 > not correct, and that the -metadata option is the right, also I
understand
 > that the information the mimetype is not correct

You understood it wrong.

 > Could someone give me the correct information?

Once you understand the documentation there is no need. If you have
questions, phrase them, so people understand. And provide the full
output of your commands (without the status line, -nostats). Also,
you should read it first! Most often the messages are quite clear.

And if you reply by quoting everything, again, I am done responding!
Have a look at this mail and get an idea what inline reply means and
how to cut the quotation to the relevant part you are responding to.

Peter