[FFmpeg-user] Some guidence on finding this problem.

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:49:16 EEST 2016

Hi!

> I have 2 machines running ffmpeg, one is doing normal transcoding the 2nd is using a bought in h265 hardware encoder.
> Software HEVC encoding is based onffmpeg N-78956-g920f592x265 1.9_54-291beccb6760
> Hardware HEVC encoding is based onffmpeg 3.0.2

If the issue you see is not reproducible with current FFmpeg, there is
nothing that we can fix.

> Now I am sure that x265 and the hardware encoding are not to blame and believe that the software decoding is at fault as BOTH versions fail at the same time and show the exact same video output once they have failed.

Sorry, I am not a native speaker and I find this difficult to understand:
Are you reporting a decoding issue? How is it related to the encoding
properties you describe above?

> My problem is that this happens once every 2-5 days so my question is how do i capture what will be needed to give you guys a good stream to try and fix this problem.

How does the command look that you are currently using to decoder? If
you provide it, it should be easy to know how to capture.